I'm Off on an Adventure

Overseas and away I go! This blog follows my final year in high school which then continues onto my year away to Germany and on the biggest adventure I'd ever have ✌

Monday, July 7, 2014

District Conference for 1800

Just a quick post.

On the 21st June District 1800 had their conference and it was also the last time I would see most of my Oldies. For the summer inbounds of 2013 it was time for them to return and this would be our last official meeting with them. This, I have come to learn, is one of the hardest parts of being an exchange student. The bonds that we form over such a short period of time become so strong and many of us find it painful to leave our new family and friends behind. And witnessing the reluctance of them letting go of us makes me wonder what it'll be like when it's finally our turn to let go.

But anyways.. The day went off, albeit a little late but smoothly. Seeing each other again was great and the conference itself with the performances was wonderful.

Me and my fellow Aussie Decklan. Australia represent!
South Africa! Cat :D
Dinner on our way home! Burger King Royalty ;P Eliana



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!

Cris said...

I have finally had/taken time to read your blog....I'm so proud of you Brookla...loved every bit... and miss you heaps xoxoxoxoxo